Back to Threads
Next New Reply

Too many structures problem.

We have been building our base up and are trying to make a wall to put turrets in and half of the wall is getting the "too many structures nearby", Which completely inhibits us from building our base anymore. I have tried removing structures that we don't need to try and fix the problem, but none of it works. I read up on the problem and it can be fixed by increasing the max structures in the server settings. Is there anyway we could do that, and has anyone else on the server had a problem with this?

Posted by Senior 5 months ago

Replies (7)

Formatting
All Comments

Kenzi 5 months ago

You also Locally merged with Alpacas tribe. Would not be surprised if thats contributing

Archimodes 5 months ago

Increasing the structure limit severely impacts server performance. If we're hitting the structure limit, we really shouldn't be looking to band-aids that will decrease server performance and stability. Reply

Senior 5 months ago

Fair enough, do you have any idea on a way to fix the problem without destroying our entire base?

Archimodes 5 months ago

There are two structure limits that exist. An overall (global) limit (which I hope we're not hitting) and one that exists within a radius (local). I'd assume your base has just hit the local structure limit, in which case it is a matter of your base simply having too many pieces within that radius.

Senior 5 months ago

Yeah, it is definitely a local limit, because you can kind of see a circle type radius where the structures can and can not be placed at. It is just the problem of how to fix it because removing structures does not seem to fix the problem. :(

Senior 5 months ago

If you are good with structure limit things, maybe come to our base and point out some possible problems?

Senior 5 months ago

I removed a lot of turrets and buildings that were not covering anything and was able to start building again, lets see how long it lasts! :D