Back to Threads
Next New Reply

Dino insurance that rez's dinos should be neutered to avoid expl

When you rez a 200+ hatch that has 200 points into it, then you get it rez'd, it gets all new stats, which means you have the potential to have an insane advatage stats wise... a 200+ hatch that has a ton of health, could then be rez'd to have insane amounts of  stam.... you rez a 200+ 5-6 times and you could have a lvl400+ hatch potential..

more importantly, a few select individuals have vocalized their exploiting this rez in the last wipe, and i have a few s/s if u need proof archi, i dont want them banned or anything, i just want to make sure that any future dino insurances rez's are neutered before handed over is all.

Right before wipe i had a person say, "what are your hatch lvls? i need a male, it can be neutered ill just kill it and get it rez'd. I already bought a 239 hatch that died and when i rez'd it i was able to mate it now"

This can be detrimental to someone who spends weeks farming a bloodline.

Thanks for the considerance.

Posted by Drinkinthepink 4 months ago

Replies (21)

Formatting
All Comments

Kenzi 4 months ago

This is something I had already been speaking to archi about as I had found some abusing this as it was. Honestly if say its a wild 150 tame lvl it may not get neutered upon revival. But the real issue is when say dinos that are bred at level 350 etc thats when the issues start because the higher the level thats spawned in the Higher the chance for amazing stats/better than anything you can get in game without serious time into breeding to get the mutations.

So there will be certain points where yes I will neuter everything that was respawned in or neuter it if I feel you have had me spawn the same one in multiple times and might be abusing for good stats.

Otherwise if its normal ark like a 120 etc I may not neuter it at all as its probably not going to be too crazy with its stats.

It will be case by case and dependent upon levels etc. Reply

Archimodes 4 months ago

This, 100%.

DaveSruleS 4 months ago

Yay, this is what I think should happen (and before anyone thinks we at Thundercats abused this then ask Kenzi or Archi, they just know we are clumsy).

If we are taming for anything its usually for our admin coloured birds lol.

Drinkinthepink 4 months ago

Thankyou for the reply Kenzi & archi.

I personally think it should be a blanket neuter on anything over lvl224, which would be the 150+kibbletame... anything over that could have stats unattainable by normal tame+breeding methods. Even if it wasn't neutered before losing the dino, imho it should still be neutered upon revival to eliminate any possible abuse.

Breeder standpoint: Breeders keep their line protected and wouldn't have them in danger, only a glitch spot would eat a dino which I learned the hard way. There would be no reason to lose a breeder except by a raider. Breeders using high lvl rez would definitely use the stats in their line; regardless of an intentional/unintentional intentions...

NonBreeder/Buyer/Casual standpoint: I bought a high lvl dino, or have a medium lvl dino that I tamed, it died I want it rez'd... a purchased or BredLvl(224+) should be neutered, but a anything under 224 that is tameable should be left unneutered.

imho, anyone that shows resistance to a neuter, is most likely looking to exploit it in some way.
Both the breeder and the casual tamer would be able to exploit the revive if unneutered, so thankyou for your considerations!!

Senior 4 months ago

I agree this needs to happen. Insurance is a great thing, but it is very easy to abuse and neutering dinos would balance it out, but while on the topic of rules, I think we should add some type of cage rule. As caging is a very unfair and broken mechanic there should be a certain time limit on caging to prevent infinite caging and other stupid things. Just being able to impede the game play of someone else is pretty dumb imo. Would be really nice to see some type of time limit on it. :) Reply

you should for sure make a thread/poll to see how long people think is a fair 'caged' time.
however, as far as the neutering goes, I find it very surprising that it hasn't been discussed previously...
like coop says, neutering all revives would bring balance to it.

there is literally no reason a person would need a revive to be unneutered without giving them a massive unfair breeding advantage.

alex 4 months ago

every time i have gotten a revive its been max tame lvl no matter what the stats where or lvl it died at, i thought that was in the membership but i could be wrong

coopn8r 4 months ago

The way a revive works is that the Tame Insurance is for that specific creature. So you would have a spawn in of the same level it was upon death(in my experience.)

It will be totally different stats of the same level.

The only thing that this would do is prevent people from stealing stat lines of animals that someone else worked hard to achieve. It won't change anything else. You'll still get your creature back, it'll just be neutered/spayed ONLY if it was pre death.

alex 4 months ago

i dont believe they should be spayed but they should just be a random stat when archi goes to revive. instead of getting the exact stat right. that might be a way around it

coopn8r 4 months ago

It wouldn't be away around it. It could potential have 1 stat incredibly higher to make it the same level which is why it is broken from a breeding stand point.

Either way. If it was spayed/neutered when it died and you tame insuranced it.. It shouldn't NOT be spayed when its respawned back in.

alex 4 months ago

thats the same potential as taming it in the first place but it cancels out going stat for stat. i lose dinos all the time so to always have them spayed would deter me from having the insurance

coopn8r 4 months ago

I think you're missing the point.. The only dinos that would be spayed on revival would be ones you've bought that were spayed/neutered. Your own person dinos that die would not be spayed/neutered.

alex 4 months ago

oh ya that makes sense i thought it was just a blanket spay

coopn8r 4 months ago

I agree with this 100%. I am not sure on the timer, but it shouldn't be... Forever. Lol

alex 4 months ago

i beleive the admin should take care in rez and if its being manipulated than they lose that option

alex 4 months ago

should we try monster hunter as a replacement??? Reply

DaveSruleS 4 months ago

Should be up to admins... Yeah some may be taking advantage, but those of us who wouldnt be would suffer too... I personally 1) dont understand enough of the breeding stuff to see how this is an issue and 2)dont really care... its a game...

Any dino that disappears or dies and gets rez'd should be neutered... even the people breeding can exploit this, simply by getting fresh stats...

absolutely the rez insurance is wonderful and should be maintained, but the revive should be neutered is all.

If you have a lvl250 with 50ish wild points into all its stats, then you get it revived, it will have the potential to have 200+ stats into specifically health for example, giving you a stat that is unattainable by regular breeding means.

keep the insurance, just make neuter/spay a standard.

MartinTheMartian 4 months ago

shouldnt be neutred imo Reply

coopn8r 4 months ago

The tame insurance is a very cool thing, but when you purchase a 400+ Ptera that is 50+ Generations and a month of work in and the breeder Neuters or Spays it.. Then you purposely kill the bird to use the tame insurance so you have a breedable bird.. That is an issue. Reply

coopn8r 4 months ago

Also, tame insurance should definitely stay. The bird should just be neutered or spayed upon revival/spawn in. Though that is very hard to track as people can just lie.

Definitely a loop hole in the system.